the christmas card read, "cecily is really serious about coming to see you sometime next summer..."
Friday, July 24, 2026
First Bike Ride
Friday, 24-July-2026 - Uden/Sint-Oedenrode/ Neunen/Veghel - Marij and I joined Cecily, Jane, and Steve at the Kersenhof for breakfast. After breakfast, we drove to the weekly market in Sint-Oedenrode. Marij had worked at this market for more than 40 years! She saw a lot of familiar faces. After watching stroopwafels being made, and eating hollandse nieuwe at the Vrijhof Fish mobile sales trailer, we made our way to Neunen, the place where Vincent van Gogh lived and worked from December 1883 to November 1885, a time considered one of his most productive periods. I visited the Van Gogh Village Museum while Cecily, Jane, and Steve walked around the villiage, past viewing notable landmarks. After we got back to Veghel, I adjusted three of our family bicycles to fit our guests, and one by one we did a test drive around the block. Thien it was time to ride our bikes to Chris and Marit's home (about a mile away) for a "welcome in the Netherlands barbecue." Jane was a sight to see, jumping on the trampoline with Mick. After a great meal with a great family, we biked to the Kersenhof. It was dark when I got back to Veghel. pics (132)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment